JAL SARA BOSE-SHOW SOME LOVE

A lot has happened between yesterday and today but amongst all I am inspired to share two observations.

Research has shown that it takes 40 days to form a habit. In the past 3 weeks I have made it a habit to walk 5 kilometres every morning at least 3 times a week. When I started it looked as if I was never going to make it consistent but 3 weeks down the line, I am still waxing stronger and its now feeling like a part of me.

I woke up this morning by 4.30am which has now become like a ritual and I hit the road in my quest to achieve my personal milestone. During my sojourn two things struck me.

Firstly I have noticed a certain construction company which from my further enquiry I gathered is handling a project in Ikot Ekpene but every morning they leave Calabar with heavily armed security men and return every evening to spend the night here.

And this once again has proved my stance which some Cross Riverians  tried to debate with me in a recent speaking event that Cross River State is the safest state in Nigeria. FACT.

Recently I attended a meeting with some foreigners in the State and they were so shocked to have been picked up from the airport and driven around town with not one mobile police man. They were so scared at first but when the peace loving spirit of Cross River took over believe me they had never known peace any where better.

It will interest you to note that aside other attractive incentives that has seen top notch companies coming to set up shop in Cross River one of the most important consideration was security especially when u consider the rate of insecurity in some parts of Nigeria today.

Secondly as I walked through different streets meeting different people  you will observe that the greetings from people is almost robotic. It has always been a culture that our people are naturally welcoming and respectful. Even people from across the road will still send a Good morning to you even if its just a wave of the hand. This brings me to the second fact that Cross Riverians are the most welcoming and warmest people in Nigeria.FACT

This is my honest opinion having had the privilege to live in other states.I know some of my non-Cross Riverian friends reading this will be waiting to take me on but as they all know its always proudly Cross Riverian.

Today whatever you do open your heart and remember to be welcoming and always wear a smile and just like my South Korean counterparts will say JAL SARA BOSE - which means show some love and let us all unite as one.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRANCIS EKPO AND FRIENDS SHINE IN YALA NEW YAM JAMBOREE.

THE CROSS RIVER STATE GOVERNMENT COLLABORATE WITH OIL PALM GROWERS ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA (OPGAN) TO CREATE THE LARGEST SUSTAINABLE SMALL HOLDERS OIL PALM ECONOMY IN AFRICA

Cross River State Partners with 3MTT to Ignite Tech Industry.